Owning a computer is not as easy as others might think. It involves monetary consideration; the latest computer system that you want to have, the more you need to spend to acquire it. It may be one of your huge financial investments, thus you need to protect it against harmful elements, especially if it is connected to the Internet.
You are probably aware of the risks of getting your computer connected to the Internet. Yes, you will have easy access to the information that you are looking for, purchase things without getting out of your residence, or transact business right at the comfort of your own bedroom. However, beyond the benefits you can get from the Internet lies the truth that there are data thieves and online hackers who will not hesitate to give you the worst experience in using the Internet.
They will field programs that you will think are harmless but will be killing your computer system “slowly but surely”. Before you realize that you have encountered a virus program, your computer is now running slowly, there are many pop-ups flashing into your screen, and later your computer will no longer boot. It is the end of your Internet experience—and the loss of your huge monetary investment.
You want to avoid it? Then, you must consider Internet security as one of your top priorities. Keep in mind that “a single precaution is better than a hundred cure”, thus you need to install necessary Internet security softwares that will protect your computer system against these online threats and unwanted intrusions.
At this point, you should consider a 2006 Internet Norton Security download for your computer system. It is an Internet security software produced by Symantec Corporation under the Norton brand which is compatible to Windows 2000 and XP operating systems. It provides protection for your computer against hackers, viruses, spam, and software. It has several key features, which are the following:
• The Norton Anti-Virus (which is commonly used to scan email attachments for any presence of virus), Norton Personal Firewall, Norton Anti-Spam, and Norton Parental Control.
• It provides 12 months of protection updates, which will keep your computer system secured against latest Internet risks by renewing subscription automatically.
• It will scan any presence of viruses, computer worms, and Trojan horses and prevent them from infecting your computer system.
• It automatically blocks intruders and unauthorized individuals from using your online accounts and getting access to your personal data.
• It automatically filters spam.
• It blocks websites that contains pornographic contents, which is believed to have some forms of viruses.
• Gives you control to all outgoing and incoming Internet traffic form and to your computer system.
• It scans email attachments and removes viruses and other similar online threats, if there is any.
You can download the 2006 version of Norton Internet Security from different download sites authorized by Symantec. However, this Internet security software is not available for free download. You need to pay necessary subscription fees to download and use the software for your computer system. It has minimum system requirements, thus it is compatible for your computer system and you will not have hard time downloading it from the Internet.
Enjoy connecting to the world without the fear of online threats. With the 2006 edition of Norton Internet Security, you are always in good hands.